I have started on a block of the month quilt. Normally, when you do a block of the month quilt you sew together one block per month for a year and after you have your 12 blocks your quilt is basically done besides borders. I've never done one and always wanted to, I just never could find a quilt that I loved to do. So a few weeks ago I had to go to TN for work and then my 2 friends Amanda and Zelic picked me up and we drove to Amanda's parent's house in Fayetteville, TN. It's a quaint little town and we all had a great time. We also went to her parent's boat in Rogersville, AL and camped there for the weekend and that was fun too. But anyway, because I do have a point to the story :-), Amanda's mom loves to quilt and was showing me an email on her phone for a block of the month quilt that she was thinking of doing through her local quilt shop. The quilt is called the Farmer's Wife Quilt, and instead of it being one block per month, there are actually 10 blocks per month. Well I fell in love with the picture of the quilt and the story behind it and the price to do it was just too good to pass up, so I asked her if she thought we would be able to do it with them in VA. She gave me the lady's number to call and see and so I convinced Amanda and my other friend Jennifer to do it too- there will be 111 blocks total when we finish and it will make a queen sized quilt. I'm not totally in love with the fabrics individually, but I still think the quilt will be gorgeous because all 111 blocks are completely different. So we got our first pack of 10 blocks a couple of weeks ago and I have totally completed 3, almost 4, that one I was missing a little bit of fabric from my kit so the store will be sending me more with the next 10. The blocks are pretty easy so far and I am glad about that because the fabric is so small that each block is super bulky when they are all sewn together. 
The last one is my favorite so far :-) Get ready for the block updates until next year because I'm pretty excited about this quilt. Hopefully I can finish the other 3 quilts that I am also working on, along with all of the embroidered stuff I have been doing for people :-) LOVING EVERY MINUTE, though!
I've also still been rock climbing and kayaking and just started up the swimming again, I really think I'm going to love this summer more than any other!
No comments:
Post a Comment