BabySteals.com

June 25, 2009

Trip back home

Disclaimer: This may be a little long, but it was a 2 week trip. I tried to make it as brief as possible. :-)

I just returned home on Saturday night from my trip to Lake Charles, Baton Rouge, NOLA, and Hattiesburg. I had an AWESOME time! It was so much fun, I wasn't sure I still wanted to live in Virginia! The heat finally convinced me that I like it better up here- haha.
So... I drove all the way to The in-laws the Friday before Evan's Baptism (also stopped there on the way back to Virginia). We had a great time together! We ate at the coolest restaurant called Cowboy Jim's. It seemed like it was at least an hour away, but it was worth it! The food was delicious and we sat along the water and Mama B and I fed the fish a lot of our hush puppies!


Aren't they cute?

After that I headed to my sister's for Evan's Baptism. It was such a special day, and he did so well! After we went back to my sister's house for Doberge cake and lasagna, which was delicious!


Best of ALL, Monica loved his quilt that I made. She and my mom even tried to steal the one that I made for myself. Guess they'll be on the quilt list soon!

I stayed at Monica's till the next Thursday- we hung out, grilled, and played with the kids mainly.


The next big event was Lynn's shower, but she probably doesn't want to post pictures. Maybe just one or two?


Then it was off to NOLA! I spent time with Granny, she made me all kinds of my favorites and I was able to see my best friend since high school- she even made me lunch! Very relaxing there. Then headed over to Mom's and hung out with Jenny a few days, and Mom and I did a lot of shopping, ate, had daiquiri's, snoballs, you name it- we did it! She made sure that I had my fill of everything before I came home, and I appreciate it because it was so hot and she just took me everywhere that I wanted to go- she is the best mom....
Crawfish we had at Jenny's (J. bought us daiquiri's too)- do I have an awesome friend or what??

Chargrilled oysters at Acme Oyster House with mom-YUM. I even found a pearl in one of my oysters, and it's pretty round.


I had 3 snoballs while I was there, 2 were King Cake flavored from Sal's. Jenny took me there one day, and my mom took me there for another king cake snoball because I fell in love with it. She said that Sal's was where she always took us when we were little, and we'd sit on the stumps outside the shop and eat our snoballs. Once she said it, it came back to me. I wish there were snoballs in Virginia!

My King Cake flavored snoball (or what was left of it when I decided to take a picture)



Jenny had a Corks N Canvas painting party too, but I'm not posting pics because my painting sucked big time. I don't even know where I put it when I got home, that's how bad it was! But it was fun!

The night before I left, Karl and Mom took me to Cafe Du Monde to have beignets, a great way to end my visit.
I hope next time I go home Robert can come with me, he sure missed out on a GREAT TRIP!!!!

No comments: