BabySteals.com

March 12, 2009

Quilts and stuff

Here is the second quilt that I finished piecing. It was "supposed" to sort of be a Mardi Gras quilt because of the colors (minus the blue), but I don't know.....I just got it back from the quilter yesterday, so as you can see it doesn't have binding on it just yet. I'll probably do it after I finish my godson's quilt. This isn't the greatest picture, but no one was around to hold it for me and my house is really dark inside, so I threw it over this bench in my front yard:



Here is the back where you can see the quilter's design:


Here are the beginnings of my godson's (Evan's) quilt: my friend Jennifer has a quilt designer program, so we brainstormed and finally came up with a design that we and my sister all liked. She is decorating Evan's room with a theme called Baby Zoolicious, so I ordered the valance and chopped it up to use the animals in the quilt. This is what I've done so far, and everything is minky except for the animals, so it'll be so soft for him.

In between the blocks there will be rainbow stripes out of cotton material, then it's going to have a minky top and bottom border with triangle points. I can't wait to finish it! And I need to hurry, because he's due in about 3 and 1/2 weeks!

I made these coffee koozie things yesterday too. Just messing around. And obviously I had to go and have a White Chocoloate Mocha to test them out. ;-) They worked out great!


3 comments:

Joyce said...

I noticed your coffee cup holder today and kept meaning to comment on it, but I was just too jealous that you had coffee and I didn't. ;-)

Unknown said...

That quilt is just beautiful! I can't wait to see Evan's quilt come to life!!!

SewAmy said...

your quilt looks great. and I love your coffee huggies.